Quality Laboratory Services is a state of the art clinical laboratory servicing the continental United States. QLS is fully licensed in NY, NJ, FL, PA, MD and NM as required by those states' individual laws.
Our Turnaround Times
STAT TESTING: WITHIN 1 HOUR
SERUM TESTING: 24 HOURS
TOXICOLOGY TESTING: 48 HOURS
A packing slip should be packed in each box/bag. The following information should be included if you use your own computer-generated or preprinted packing slip:
- Name and Address of Sending Lab
- Temperature of the Specimen(s)
- Indication of Quality Laboratory Service as Receiver
- A count of the number of Bags or the number of loose specimens
Packing Slips are available from Quality Laboratory Service. If you are using Quality Laboratory Service’s Online Service, the packing slip is printed automatically. If you are using a Quality Laboratory Service courier, the courier will complete the packing slip for you. To prevent damage and insure specimen stability, samples should be packed for shipping as follows:
- Place all samples for a single patient in an individual plastic specimen bag. Plastic specimen bags are available from Quality Laboratory Service.
- Fold requisition in half and insert the requisition in the plastic bag so that the patient’s name is displayed.
- Use a plastic transport tube whenever possible. If a glass tube is necessary, pack in a Styrofoam tube holder and place Styrofoam holder in a plastic bag. Styrofoam tube holders are available from Quality Laboratory Service
- If a test requires multiple samples at different temperatures (for example: one frozen sample and one sample at room temperature), write “Duplicate Requisition” on each Test Requisition Form. Place a copy of the requisition with each sample.
- Pack a copy of the Packing Slip inside the box.
All questions about packing or shipment instructions please call to Quality Laboratory Service by 718-646-5100